Film-coated tablets 3×500 mg
Medicine reimburse by Health Insurance Fund
ATC J01F A10
POSOLOGY AND METHOD OF ADMINISTRATION
Azithromycin should be given as a single daily dose. The duration of the treatment for the different infection diseases is given below.
The tablets can be taken with or without food.
The tablets should be taken with ½ glass of water.
- Children and Adolescents with a Body Weight Above 45 kg, Adults and Elderly
- Children and Adolescents with a Body Weight Below 45 kg
- Elderly Patients
- Patients with Renal Impairment
- Patients with Hepatic Impairment
The total dose is 1500 mg, administered as 500 mg once daily for 3 days. Alternatively, the same total dose (1500 mg) can be administered in a period of 5 days, 500 mg on the first day and 250 mg on day 2 to 5. In the case of uncomplicated Chlamydia trachomatis urethritis and cervicitis, the dosage is 1000 mg as a single oral dose.
Azithromycin tablets are not suitable for patients under 45 kg body weight. Other dosage forms are available for this group of patients.
For elderly patients, the same dose as for adults can be applied.
Dose adjustment is not required in patients with mild to moderate renal impairment (GFR 10-80 ml/min).
Dose adjustment is not required for patients with mild to moderate hepatic dysfunction.
The dose should be reduced to half at patients on hemodialysis that have changes in the diuresis.
Medicine’s information on this web page is only a short description of its characteristics. Do not take them as recommendations for self-treatment of your health condition.
You must inform your physician and pharmacist and follow their recommendations before you use the medicine for treatment. Always read carefully the patient information leaflet.
|Each film-coated tablet contains 500 mg azithromycin (in form of azithromycin dehydrate, excipients.|
|Azithromycin is indicated for the following bacterial infections induced by microorganisms susceptible to azithromycin:
• Acute bacterial sinusitis (adequately diagnosed).
• Acute bacterial otitis media (adequately diagnosed).
• Pharyngitis, tonsillitis.
• Acute exacerbation of chronic bronchitis (adequately diagnosed).
• Mild to moderately severe community-acquired pneumonia.
• Infections of the skin and soft tissues of mild to moderate severity e.g. folliculitis, cellulitis, erysipelas.
• Uncomplicated Chlamydia trachomatis urethritis and cervicitis.
Consideration should be given to official guidance on the appropriate use of antibacterial agents.
|Hypersensitivity to azithromycin, erythromycin, any macrolide or ketolide antibiotic, or to any of the excipients.|
|Box with 3 film coated tablets of 500 mg in blister package.|