Tablets 10 mg
Syrup 5mg / 5ml
- Relieve allergic rhinitis symptoms (nasal secretion, nasal congestion, and sneezing, itching, conjunctivitis)
- Chronic idiopathic urticaria
|Adults and children above 12 years||1 tablet once daily|
|Children from 2 – 12 years||body weight >30 kg||1 tablet once daily|
|body weight < 30 kg||5 ml (5 mg) syrup once daily|
- Loratadine can be used with or without a meal.
- Loratadine belongs to II generation antihistamines used to relieve the symptoms of allergic reactions.
- When a hypersensitive person comes in contact with an allergen (pollen, animal hair, domestic dust or insect bite), the body produces a chemical called histamine. Usually histamine is a useful substance, however, in case of an allergic reaction, it causes unpleasant symptoms such as itching, increased nasal and ocular secretion, clogged nose, sneezing and skin rashes.
- Loratadine blocks the effects of histamine and reduces these symptoms.
- Therapy can only last for a short time (a day or two in case of insect bite) or longer (several months in case of pollen allergy). In such case therapy should be taken seasonally, for the whole period while the pollen is present).
1 tablet contains 10 mg loratadine.
5 ml syrup contains 5 mg loratadine.
Box of 20 tablets.
Box with 100 ml syrup in a glass bottle.