|Each film-coated tablet contains 50 mg losartan potassium, excipients.|
|– Treatment of essential hypertension in adults and in children and adolescents 6 – 18 years of age.
– Treatment of renal disease in adult patients with hypertension and type 2 diabetes mellitus with proteinuria ≥ 0.5 g/day as part of antihypertensive treatment.
– Treatment of chronic heart failure in adult patients when treatment with angiotensin-converting enzyme (ACE) inhibitors is not considered suitable due to incompatibility, especially cough, or contraindication. Patients with heart failure who have been stabilised with an ACE inhibitor should not be switched to losartan. The patients should have a left ventricular ejection fraction ≤ 40% and should be clinically stable and on an established treatment regimen for chronic heart failure.
– Reduction in the risk of stroke in adult hypertensive patients with left ventricular hypertrophy documented by electrocardiography.
|• Hypersensitivity to losartan potassium or to any of the excipients.
• 2nd and 3rd trimester of pregnancy.
• Severe hepatic impairment.
• The concomitant use of losartan with aliskiren-containing products is contraindicated in patients with diabetes mellitus or renal impairment (GFR < 60 ml/min/1.73 m²).
|Box with 30 film-coated tablets of 50 mg (3 blisters x 10 tablets)|